02 May 2008

Crit Week: Conclusion

First year Critiques are over! I just finished presenting my work, however I was not just sitting around this week. I drew, quite abit actually so lets begin. Wednesday crits started and I set about to drawing my peers, projects and people



As you can see, I tried to get more people into the view this time, and I think it worked out pretty well. A few proportions out of place but all in all not a bad attempt. I didnt use any measuring technique either, a sign I may be learning to read proportion with out using my pen.

Just a few peoples projects drawn as they appeared on wednesday I've realized that my Micron pen is already running out, it seems odd to me that I should dry out so quickly, does anyone else see this problem or know of a solution?

Fridays, critiques revealed more projects with various curvy shapes. I also drew my initials in what I call Jazz Squares as they strike me as being jazzy. In no offense to others but I dont see curvy shapes when I think about jazz, I see curves just not to an extreme. There is still some geometry to them.

Also like my blue pen? I was getting bored of black and white drawings all the time. So I bought a blue pen to spice things up a little.

No comments: