30 August 2007

First Post! And a Breif Review

So it is my first post on my new blog, hooray! I would like to spend my first post talking about a drawing that caught my eye on Ruben Fletcher's Blog. In particular the piece that was attached to "Another One Bites the Dust" the piece is of a building that is in the process of being demolished. I like this drawing because of the amount of detail that is present in it. It is actually both detailed yet simple, as while you can see a lot of the accents on the walls of the interior such as trim and the cabinets and drawers off hinges and hanging open. It makes the exterior of the drawing look plain and devoid of detail. The drawing really caught my eye because it is of a building being demolished. Most people draw a building that is very pretty, instead he chose to draw one that was in the process of being torn down. Look for more posts by me in the future.

-Cheers!

1 comment:

uncg interior architecture said...

Great analysis of the drawing. I'm in total agreement that the fact the building isn't what we would typically consider "pretty" makes it that much more interesting.