31 August 2007

Tate Street




With the Labor Day weekend starting early this semester, a few of the IAR students decided to head off to feast at the local Jimmy Johns, some of us noted that Tate Street Looked like a wonderful place to draw and so a few of us stayed behind following lunch to sit down and really try and sketch it. My drawing while not what I hoped it would turn out like is still very good in my opinon. I have noticed that my real flaw with my drawings is that I add to many finer details before I have even completed an outline. I also have trouble showing depth and giving the feeling of a 3rd dimension with my drawings. These are things I plan to practice some more, and I think that Tate Street will likely be the focus of alot of my drawings for some time yet. The old buildings really attract my attention, and it just seems to have that beauty that is almost difficult to describe until you actually look at it. These first 2 weeks of classes have really helped me open my brain and now I see these beautiful things I would like to draw everywhere.

-Cheers!

No comments: