31 August 2007



Wow, another post already, yes its true but I had another drawing I wanted to produce that I felt needed some attention. This view is not of the wonderous Tate Street but of really my view from my bed. Having finished my classes on wednesday I decided hey what the heck, I'll practice some drawing. So I sat down in my bed under the covers. and proceeded to sketch away. This was very hard for me because of my issues adding the 3rd dimension but in the end I was satisfied with the way it turned out. I especially like the folds of my Duvet, I thought my drawings of them really illustrated that the surface was not flat, I even got a bit of where it was propped up by my knee in there. Towards the end when I was trying to get my desk into the sketch I was really starting to worry about the angles all these things needed to be drawn at, but by taking a moment and looking at the drawing I realized it conveyed what I wanted to show, the area around my bed and particularly my towel hanging down from the bed post.

-Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kevin,
You should be more than satisfied with this sketch! The towel and the duvet are really amazing. They are so detailed! you've really shown the folds and texture very well.
-Katrina
p.s. I noticed your very British use of the word cheers. Did you spend some time in northern England?