08 November 2007

I'm drowning in cubes!

No seriously, I am drowning cubes, I've got 4 sitting on my desk with not much to do, I think I'm going to make some sort of installation for my room out of them, not sure what yet, but you'll find out on here eventually. Anyway back on the subject matter at hand, cubes, they're really, square, which means they cast alot of right angles for shadows, kinda cool like that, after tuesdays fiasco in shading I was feeling pretty clue less.
As you can see I think the only redeeming part of this one is the shaft of light that comes through the small crack.

Down to what I drew last night

My first Scratch that, third attempt, April told me my first two didnt look like what I was drawing and she gave me some tips, which you can see I implemented here

Still not udnerstanding how to do any of this, I called an art major friend of mine to come and explain to me shading, he gave me some input which I then implemented into this drawing


My final drawing looks like this, none of the cubes are touching which makes them kind of nice in terms of the shadows, it also makes them very difficult to draw.

Moral of this story is that, I still do not have a lick of what I'm doing when it comes to shading, I tried reading through the book but alas no luck there.

-Cheers!

No comments: