09 April 2008

El Careton and more!

Tuesday's class took a little excursion over to El Careton a fantastic place to get a bite to eat and a really good view from which to draw. This was the result of that adventure, as well as a few other drawings that were done earlier or later that day.

So we have here a less than happy looking woman and the Brown Music Building. I must say I think that despite my poor perspective I think it turned out well.. and dots make it look so much better, those dots will make a resurgence in drawings I did later as well..

Now these drawings are not really related to my drawing lecture but they use techniques I've learned from it so up they go..
Firstly we have a drawing of the capital building, I did not go to DC but I still ended up drawing some of its major landmarks, I think it looks pretty good, some scaling errors towards the center with the columns but turned out better than I thought it would.

Also got the Lincoln Memorial Drawn just for good measure, as it is one of the first things people think of when monuments are mentioned.

2 comments:

leah petriccione said...

i really like these kevin. you did a really good job showing depth- i get so intimidated drawing really large buildings/open spaces that are right in front of me, and you captured everything so nicely.

leah petriccione said...

p.s. nice professional dots!!!! :) i've been trying those out as well.