23 April 2008

not quite mine but...

So I've been busy working hard towards my studio deadline... 5pm Friday, its going to be grand! At least we have Beaux arts Ball on Saturday and there had better be a wild rumpus... thats what my ticket says anyway and thusly anything less is unacceptable.. anyway I have a purpose here... As of late I've been feeling kind of like, I have no style, and I realized a drawing style is not going to just fall into my lap. So I've been trying to take some time to pick up on a few drawing styles of others you know hodge podge it into a style all my own. Well those who know me know that I love video games.. and thusly webcomics affiliated with video games.. Well it just so happens two of my personal favorites have begun streaming their drawing process live over our incredible edible internet and I have been tuning into watch and learn from how they've been doing it. and now I thought I'd share that with my avid readers...

Scott Kurtz, author and artist of PVP Online, has been streaming his drawing process fairly often from what I can tell at Ustream

The other being the dynamic duo over at Penny Arcade, Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins run the show Penny Arcade TV another Ustream program, which shows the creation of their comic from start to finish and often times will have a little Q&A session following for various techiniques into drawing by hand or using the WACOM tablet that I am absolutly dying to get my hands on... perhaps one day...

Anyway, I thought I'd share these links as I find that watching them is actually helping me understand how I draw a little bit better and while their styles may be a little cartoony for a designer it still helps to see the techniques being applied.

No comments: