05 September 2007

College Avenue

1st Drawing 4. 09.20072nd Drawing 5.09.2007
Another location on Tuesday was College Avenue, this drawing I did like at first but also noticed a few problems when I drew it. I liked that the view had alot of variation between buildings and foliage that made for interesting blending. Once we heard that we had to redraw one of these locations so I was naturally tempted to redraw College Avenue. I really do appreciate my second drawing more as I was able to incorporate some of the cars and such that were absent from the first as well as quickly trying to get some of the pedestrians whom were walking about in.

-Cheers!

5 comments:

Josie said...

Hey Kevin! I really like your second drawing. You were brave and put the cars and people in your picture, which made you stand out. It looks very good. Keep it up and you'll be the next Van Gogh. ha

Jennifer said...

so even though the first drawing is good...altough incomplete...your second drawing is fabulous...i love that u added in the details of the car and the people...

Jayson Parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jayson Parker said...

This is difficult for me. There are aspects in both drawings I really enjoy. I love the cars, the people, and the other details you put into the second drawing. However, I miss the windows that defined the separation between the buildings in the first. They seem to run together in the second sketch. In the first drawing I also enjoy that the scene is closer to the viewer. It draws me in more than the one that is further away.

Karis Kevorkian said...

definitely like the second one better, good job on the minimal detail.