24 September 2007

Self Portrait




A couple nights ago I sat down on the floor with a lamp, some paper and a white colored pencil, I proceeded then to draw myself, the whole point of this assignment was to give us practice drawing faces as well as practicing our shading for the first time really. I thought I liked mine at first but having seen some other peoples I am starting not to like mine quite as much, no one elses shading is really as hard as mine. But I really did it how it looked when I drew it, the light was quite hard as compared to the rest of my face. I still think it turned out well, at least I hope thats what people think, I know my first couple tries with faces, I ended up with a Frankenstein and a box shaped head and I feel that this one has broken me of those things although perhaps I am wrong, either way, here it is my self portrait done using a hard light source. Unfortunately due to the image size constraints on this blog I could not get it full size but pretty close.

-Cheers!

No comments: