03 September 2007

Negative Space







On Thursday we discussed negative space in our drawing classes, kind of strange since I had also heard about in my art history class that had met literally just before. For our exercise that day we were instructed to draw different chairs and really anything that had an interesting pattern of negative space, also one of our 9 drawings had to have some sort of human element. Above are the 3 that I thought were good, as well as my human element piece. My human element piece could probably be a little bit better, in terms of choice that is. I would've liked to do a whole human being but everyone really cleared out following class so a hand is all I could really see easily. Maybe I'll find a human being some time this afternoon who can hold still long enough.

-Cheers!

No comments: